Friday, March 8, 2013

Rustic Doo-Dads: How to Bring the Outside In

Today, many of us are looking for those one of  a kind items or ideas to define our style when decorating our homes.  I hate to say it, sorry interior decorators, but with the D-I-Y spirit of most female consumers these days your job can be done by the average Joe or Gen or Dana....

That being said not everyone enjoys the hunt.  We LOVE the hunt, it is actually the best part!  I wish it was harder to find treasures, it would be easier on my checking account.  We see potential in the most unexpected items, which is why I need to thrift less often to avoid hoarding tendencies.  I love the idea of taking something old and using it in a new way.  Today we are featuring two new finds, both vintage.  The first is an old garden tool we reused as a soap dish.  The second is a rustic feed scoop we are currently using as a candle holder.  I think it would also be great with a big mason jar full of wildflowers or lavender and baby's breath. 




Bringing the outside in gets us ready for spring.  The time of year where you leave the windows open all day and listen to the birds chirp and the trees rustle in the wind.  In the spring, I let the lady bugs live on my window sill. I can't wait for the change of season.  I like to feel like I am outside even when I am indoors, whether it is great natural light or fresh air. I can't wait to turn off my heat and invite a new season!

You can check out the items featured here on www.etsy.com/shop/thepinkfinch


No comments:

Post a Comment