Monday, October 8, 2012

Outdoors Inside

As someone who loves the outdoors, I love bringing life to my home by incorporating natural elements into my decor. I've found that natural light, house plants, terrariums natural tones make my house a home--but today I want to talk about something a bit more novel.

I obviously love birds, hence the name of my shop.  Growing up I loved to birdwatch.  I would sit on the roof of my parents house and try to identify the species out of a book (which I still own!).  My daughters and I have each taken on own bird personas.  We have a hummingbird, a peacock, a swallow and of course a finch in our family.  I guess that would make my husband the rooster...

My own home has a few antique bird cages, which are wonderful if they match your decor.  Recently I decoupaged the back of my basement stairs with bird paper.  It was a fun way to add character to an otherwise blah space.

Basement Stairs get a makeover
If you're not quite up for the challenge, you can add simple knick knacks around your home to liven up the space.  Whether your style is Country Chic or Art Deco, there is something for everyone.  The images below are from my favorite websites...ETSY! (www.etsy.com/shops)

From Etsy Shop: Classic By Nature

From Etsy Shop: Claylicious


No comments:

Post a Comment